Dentist and a fancy dinner

After dropping Kara off at school, I went to my sister's house. I grocery shopped for her and then got to sit and talk with her for about an hour with NO chores. Ahhhh.....

Then I got Kara, ate lunch, and we both went to the dentist. Kara has been brushing on her own for a few months now, so I was curious to what they would have to tell me. They said her teeth look very good and she is a very good brusher! In all honesty, I do brush her teeth for her about once a week to make sure those teeth in the back get some attention. My teeth are in great shape too, thanks to my daily flossing.

After that I swung by the liquor store for some cooking wine, cognac, and a treat for Michael - pina coladas. Cognac you ask? You guessed it, I'm making beef burguignon tonight. Fancy, fancy, and super delicious. (It's basically a fancy beef stew. Here's the recipe.) I put it all together around 3 and it's simmering in the oven. All I have to do is make some potatoes and rolls around 5 and dinner is done!

Too bad when I started cooking is when Kara needed my immediate attention to look at this, watch this, look at me. I told her I only needed 15 minutes alone and she just wouldn't give it to me. Sometimes I wish my kitchen had a door with a lock. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'll miss it when she's gone, but right now it's annoying. Somewhere my mom is laughing - I know I did that to her all the time.

Comments

Vicky said…
YEP! You'll miss it when it's gone.......for a little while! :D Thank you for the recipe! :D