Good week

It's been a good week so far. I've found a reason to see my friend and her newborn baby every day this week. I'd say I'm getting my fill of a newborn baby, but there's no such thing! Especially when I'm sleeping 9 straight hours every night AND not having to feed her. :-)

I decided I would love to have more babies, but not more kids. So, since you can't push 'reboot' on kids' first birthday, I am very happy with just the one kid.

On a side note, today I was late picking Kara up (well, like two minutes late) and most kids were already with their moms, so I had time to talk to Kara's teachers. Once all the kids and moms were gone (we had to go back into school so Kara could potty), I got the good dirt. Apparently, Kara's current best buddy is the bad girl. Well, she doesn't act out so much as stubbornly won't do anything she's told. Kara has been good for her, showing her how to obey. The teachers tell me the other girl will sometimes try to get Kara to be 'bad' with her, and Kara won't do it. "She is her own person and won't sacrifice obedience for a friendship." Oh yeah!!! I hope she always, always stays that way. Michael and I couldn't be more proud!! (By the way, she TOTALLY gets that from Michael. I was the kid with no self esteem that would do anything to get people to like me. Michael was the person who wouldn't waiver, no matter how unpopular he became. Of course, that confidence only made him more popular!)

Comments

Vicky said…
I hope she stays that way! Teenage girls and peer pressure is sometimes a troublesome time, however! We will pray that the LORD continues to work in her and that she will be strong like Michael was/is!