Work and Fun and Stuff

What I am up to:

 * Watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer with Kara.  The college years get a little racey, so we are sticking with the high school years where the good guys (high school kids) kill the bad guys (vampires).  The show is ridiculous and outrageous and we mostly just laugh a lot.
 * Working on end of the year stuff at church.  Some things that needed fixing made sense to wait until now so we could do it all at once.  I am also going to look into the smartest way to get the giving statements out to people.  Email or post office mail.  I think we'll stick with good old fashioned snail mail for now.
 * Planning 8th grade.  Yes, it is pretty much always something I think about.  I think we'll be done with 7th grade (besides math) around February or March.  After this, some classes will go really slowly and others will go really quickly.  I think the days of us finishing an entire grade at the same time will be over.  I'll just have to pick some time of the year to do our testing, whether we are done with everything or not.
 * Considering what we should do next semester for Bible study at church.  I am thinking this is what I want to do, but am still praying about it.


We all know stories here and there.  The more we learn, the more we put them all together.  This study helps us understand the Bible as one complete story.  I love this idea.
 * Starting my new Bible study with Jessica to do during the break:


I am loving it so far.  I overcomplicate and overanalyze everything.  I love this idea that maybe being faithful to the everyday things like feeding my family and teaching Kara is right where God wants me.
 * Cleaning the house.  We have had company off and on for quite a while.  And more is coming!  I love it, and I actually love cleaning the house too!  Some things like cleaning the cabinets above the stove that get greasy and changing the batteries in the alarm system on the windows are things that I need to work on every once in a while anyway.
 * Planning some fun decorating stuff for my laundry room.  Here are my favorite pictures from pinterest, and I hope to pull ideas from these to work on my plan:








We have a saying around here.  This style is called "pinterest-y".  It's everything that could be found in Hobby Lobby.  This is for sure the prettiest laundry room I have ever had, and I haven't even decorated it yet!  I plan to have some fun with it since I'm the only one that goes in there.

Comments