Kitties and Science

Yesterday Shadow never came home for breakfast, and we couldn't find him all day long.  I was worried sick.  Michael took Kara out on the 4 wheeler for an hour looking around the woods to see if he was stuck up a tree or dead or injured and needed help.  Still never found him.






This morning Michael came to tell me Shadow came back.  I guess he is a true outdoor cat.  He was out playing.  Shiloh is an indoor cat - she stays on the back porch, unless she has to use the bathroom or play in the yard - then she's right back on the porch.  I thought Shadow might be more like that too, but I guess he's growing up!

Meanwhile, Kara worked hard this week to get her school work done early, so today we are free as birds.  (Our Christmas break from school is Friday - Monday.  Well, now it's Thursday - Monday!)  I'm so proud of her.  So, today I am going to continue working on next year's science curriculum.

Next year Kara will be reading one of the biggest textbooks I have ever seen for science - but it is earth and space science.  This is totally her favorite.  She can't wait to get started.  I am actually a little nervous she will know it all already.  So, I bought two astronomy curriculums and we will do them along with earth and space science.  I am working on lesson plans to see how we can do it all.  Meanwhile, earth and space science is eighth grade science, but the astronomy is high school level, so we'll consider it a high school elective.

Well, those are the things in my brain now, so I thought I'd write them down.

Today is lunch with two friends - something we do every Thursday.  And horse lessons for Kara later.  I think I will work on cleaning the house too.

Have a nice Thursday and Merry Christmas!

Comments