Aslan

Michael, Kara, and I have been watching the Narnia movies and I have a confession to make.  Knowing that the lion, Aslan, represents God, I can't help but burst into tears every time they show him on screen or even talk about him.

(I got all these pictures from google images.)

Thinking about how God commands all and even the rocks praise him and obey.


Thinking about how much I love him and want to hug him.  Even though is is a powerful and mighty Lord, I want to snuggle with him, the Ultimate Father.


"He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart."  Psalm 91:4.  He is like a mama bird keeping his children warm and safe in the storm.

"Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you!"  Isaiah 49:15  He is like a nursing mother with us constantly on his mind.


Look at these girls (Susan and Lucy) hugging Aslan with their eyes closed.  And eyes closed hug says something to me - comfort, love, adoration, security.



Thinking about walking and talking with God one day when I am in heaven.  It makes me miss those who are gone, but so excited to one day walk with him too.  I pray he tells me "well done, good and faithful servant" as I am welcomed into heaven.  It took me way too long to learn that righteousness isn't credited to me because of serving God, but because of my faith.  Thank you Lord for constantly setting us up for success.


I love when Lucy is confident next to Aslan as he commands everyone with a roar.  She knows there is no danger and he is just stating his authority.  It makes me cry too.  I adore God and I adore his majesty.  He is king.


I mean.  These hugs have me crying now and I am not even watching the movie.


I can't wait to sit in the forest and chat with God all day long.  We were designed with this longing because this is the way things were in the Garden of Eden.  How lovely.  How perfect.


If you don't have a relationship with Jesus, I pray you seek him soon.  If I love him so much, just a cartoon depiction of him makes me cry, you can rest assured he loves us even more.  This feeling of being loved is real and powerful.

Thank you CS Lewis for this great story that can reach people.  And thank you movie people for bringing it to life on the screen.

Comments

Vicky said…
I think I would like to watch these, too!