Such a good, busy week.

This week has been so full of wonderful things.  I feel like I am the most blessed girl in all the world to get to live this life.


Wednesday morning on my way to Bible study, there was
a thin line of fog - probably the last to burn off from
a foggy morning.  It looked so cool!
(Click on this picture to see it better.)

Monday I met with the Women's Ministry team at church and we talked about what we wanted to do this year.  I wasn't really sure what has been going on in the past, which is why they asked me to head up the team - fresh ideas and all of that.  We ended up going with this:


First Thursday of every month, starting in April.  Just get together to make friends and build relationships.  Nothing is asked of them, no team of volunteers is needed to set up/clean up, just come and visit.  I am feeling so good about this.  God, please use this to Your glory!

Meanwhile, Wednesday's horse lessons were postponed to Friday because they had to go to the vet with some horses.  So, instead of taking Wednesday off from school, we are taking Friday off.  (All homework was moved to Friday though - Wednesday night is church, and Kara goes early to serve.)

This is what we did Wednesday for school.  I forgot to take
any more pictures, though!

Then I was back to church to work with the finance lady on beginning to count the tithe again.  (I worked to help count the tithe at my last church for 8 years and loved it so very much.  There aren't helpers here at this church though, so for the last year and a half I haven't been able to do it.  Now I get to again and I am so excited.)  I left just in time to get Kara to church, then take myself to dinner before I taught the Boundaries class.

ALWAYS my favorite dinner
I ran into one of the ladies in my Wednesday night class, so we ate together and caught up since I hadn't seen her since before our Florida trip.

All of this connected in the church and running into people makes me really feel like I am planting roots here and it's all kinds of wonderful.

Thursday is today, and we did the last day of school for the week.


Most of my pictures are from science class.  Remember how I said I chose the harder science?  It is taking a lot of time and I'm hoping it eases up throughout the year.  

Lesson plans for the first few weeks
We have about one test every week
I like that there are "catch up" days built
in.  We may need them!

Where did Kara go?
We're in the middle of science?

There she is!

She is more comfortable reading on the floor.  No problem!

More notes

Finishing up this chapter

Chapter review
She is doing pretty well so far.

Onto history.  We start our timeline at Cain and Abel.  Approx. 4000BC.  We will build on this timeline...until she graduates!

Starting her timeline
After school, we waited for our friends to come over.  Here we are on the porch watching for them and eating lunch.  It was so warm today - but what else is new this winter?  It's been warm just about everywhere.


What a wonderful visit with some awesome friends that were sent to us by God.  (And I don't just say that because I know she's reading this!)  They are a perfect match for us.

Then I whipped up some dinner and headed back to church for a finance team meeting.

I came home to Michael and Kara finishing up a movie, so I did dishes and worked on this blog post!

It has been a wonderful week and it isn't over yet.  What am I looking forward to the most next week? Counting the tithe Monday morning.  :-)

Comments