Lake Living

I don't take as many pictures of the lake as I'd like to these days.  We had plenty of cold during that cold snap that made the giant snow storm in the north east.  When it warms up I will go take more pictures.  I get to drive over it every day though.  To get anywhere in town, I drive over a causeway.

Some days it is so windy that the waves make little white caps.

Some days it is so calm that the water is smooth as glass.  From up here at the house, the entire town is reflected on the water.

Some days the sun shines on it and it glitters so brilliantly it hurts your eyes.

Crew teams are using our lake to practice - I believe they are college teams.  Watching them out there, all hours of the day, reminds me we get to live in an extraordinary place.  This is so special.

As I watch the groups of coot

Picture from this website:
http://www.birdinginformation.com/birds/coots-rails-gallinule/american-coot/
on the water, during the cold, during the rain, I'm reminded of my all time favorite verse:

He will cover you with his feathers,
    and under his wings you will find refuge;
    his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

Psalm 91:4

I absolutely love that verse.  When the cold and the storms rage around us, we are reminded it is just for a season.  And during that difficult time, we get to find refuge at our Father's chest, while his wings protect us from the cold and from the storm.

One last thing:  How much does Kara look like Michael here?

Well, Vicky will see it.  :-)


Only pic I have of him around this age.

Comments

Vicky said…
And she has no option other than being beautiful because Michael was (and still is) always a beautiful child! :D There's absolutely no mother prejudiced there, either! :D
jeday0323 said…
I happen to agree with you on both parts! No prejudice here either. ;-)
Unknown said…
Definitely looks like Michael!