Quizzes and Tests

During school today, I realized the vocabulary words I have been asking Kara to do don't line up with the quizzes I have been giving her.  I thought every 6 lessons, we did a quiz.  So, by the time we are on lesson 60, we would take quiz #10.  It turns out it's more random than that!  This explains her bad grade on the last quiz she took.  I worked for an hour or so to fix all of that.  And now I want to double check everything.  In every subject.  Twice.

After school, I decided to get started on the patio furniture out front.


Since I plan to put the couch and coffee table in front of Michael's office, I decided to put that together first.  (He spends all day every day in there, so that should be my first priority.)

When I opened it and started pulling piece after piece after piece out.  2 hardware packages in just one box.  I knew this was going to be a big project!  I like to get all the pieces laid out, all the tools and screws laid out, then study the directions.  I am the one who puts things together in our house - I like it.  Michael came outside since he saw me working outside his window.



Putting things like this together is one of those things all couples laugh about being a real marriage tester!  lol.  Michael was a big help and very patient, until his back was screaming at him.  And we realized the coffee table we just put together had screws in them that we needed for the couch.  The two hardware packs weren't labeled and we used the wrong pack.  Which means we have to undo everything we did.  And his patience wasn't super fantastic.  So he went inside and rested and came out later to help me finish.  We spent about 3 hours working, and just got the couch and coffee table done.  That's it!  So.  Many.  Parts.

View from the couch while the sun
was setting behind the house, turning the
clouds light pink.

Couch and coffee table.  Obviously two more pillows go
on the couch.  But I was not opening any more boxes
today!

Dinner, cleanup, running through vocabulary words with Kara, shower, and now it's 8:45, which means I'm on my way to tv time, Bible time, blog time.  My muscles say it will probably be a while before I get back to putting the furniture together.  lol.  Thank goodness it'll stay in the upper 60s for at least a week.

P.S.  I am very aware that there are white cushions on these couches.  Not only do I spill, but I have black cats.  I am totally not stressing about it now and will worry about it later.

Comments

Vicky said…
Just spill some black paint on those pillow cushions and you will be all set! :D