Menu Plan

I am the kind of person that doesn't think about what to cook for dinner until around 4:30 when I am getting hungry.  That's a good time to cook, IF your meat is thawed.  And you have the groceries for what you are making.

Enter:  the plan.  I shop for the ingredients ahead of time, according to the plan.  At lunchtime, I look at the plan and defrost the meat.  Bam!  I can cook dinner that night.  I'm so organized!

I like making a 4 week plan because I don't think Michael likes the same thing every week.  Probably because he has leftovers for lunch, so he doesn't want to eat so much of the same thing.

Here is what my plan looks like for the next four weeks:

Week 1:
Monday:  taco rice casserole - ground beef, taco seasoning, black beans, corn, Rotel tomatoes, rice, cheese.  Michael likes this dinner so I want to make it as often as possible.  It is so yummy.
Tuesday:  pot roast - crock pot, chuck roast, onion soup mix.  Serve with mashed potatoes, green beans, and rolls.  Michael likes this dinner too.  Yeah, I needed to wins in a row.  lol.
Wednesday:  out to dinner.  We like to go out once a week to our favorite BBQ place.
Thursday:  chicken taco salad - lettuce, tomato, cheese, crushed cheese Doritos (you heard me), chicken with taco seasoning, corn/black beans.  Serve with ranch dressing, Catalina dressing, and/or salsa.  Another one Michael likes.  Man, I'm needy this week.  lol.
Friday:  potato soup.  This takes forever to make from scratch, but I made a big batch and froze some.  Serve with bacon and cheese, and rolls.
Saturday:  chicken corn potato hash.  Yep, just like it sounds.  As long as the chicken is super tender and the potatoes are as yummy as hash browns, Michael likes this one too.
Sunday:  mama doesn't cook.  We go out to lunch after church and we are required to eat enough not to be hungry for dinner.  And if you are hungry, you have to fend for yourself.

Week 2:
Monday:  flank steak with rice, green beans, and rolls.  One of Michael's favorites.  He is a fan of just about every kind of beef.  Except ground beef.
Tuesday:  chicken quesadillas.  Use leftover flank steak for steak quesadillas for Michael.
Wednesday:  fried chicken from scratch with freezer french fries.
Thursday:  chicken bacon ranch pizza - pillsbury pizza crust, bacon, chicken, cheese, tomatoes, green onions, tomatoes, ranch dressing.
Friday:  I have plans with Kara - everyone for themselves
Saturday:  chicken pot pie.  Michael doesn't like pie crust, so I make the insides and serve like soup with rolls on the side.
Sunday:  You know the drill - mama's day off.

Week 3:
Monday:  corn chowder - Pioneer woman's recipe.
Tuesday:  whole roasted chicken - serve with mashed potatoes, green beans, and rolls.  After I put the food away, I boil the chicken bones with garlic, onion, celery, and carrots.  Yum, homemade broth.
Wednesday:  pot roast - did I mention Michael loves this?  Every other week, my friends.
Thursday:  chicken broccoli braid - crescent rolls, cooked chicken, cooked broccoli, cheese.  Braid crescent roll dough around ingredients and top with slivered almonds.
Friday:  ravioli - frozen ravioli, jarred sauce, ground beef.
Saturday:  chicken mushroom pasta - yum.
Sunday:  no dinner

Week 4:  (We're getting to the bottom of the barrel here!)
Monday:  flank steak with rice, green beans, and rolls.  One of Michael's favorites.  One week pot roast, the other week, flank steak.
Tuesday:  plans with friends - everyone for themselves
Wednesday:  ham & potato casserole - Kara's favorite meal!  Go figure.  cubed frozen potatoes, diced ham from grocery store, onions, cheese, plus roux/white sauce.  The original recipe was scalloped potatoes with ham in it.  I've made it easier.
Thursday:  out to dinner - BBQ restaurant
Friday:  chicken fried steak.  Beef.  I'm trying to make more beef.
Saturday:  chicken bacon ranch pizza.  I really like this stuff.
Sunday:  no dinner

Are you still with me?  Was that boring or were those good ideas?

Comments

Vicky said…
Now I'm hungry! :D
Unknown said…
Not boring! Love it! I plan meals too. I only do two weeks at a time though because I shop for groceries every two weeks.
jeday0323 said…
Stephanie, I'm not surprised! We are kindred spirits when it comes to planning.

Mom, you crack me up!