New Internet and a New Office

First of all, the BIG news is we have new internet.  It seems faster, better, AND unlimited.  I am so happy I could cry.

Secondly, January returned.  Highs in the low 50s are back, and so is the sunshine.  It doesn't bother me - I don't feel so badly for being inside watching a movie with Kara while a fire keeps us warm:



or reorganizing our homeschool room.

I remember back when we first started homeschooling and I set our room up.  It took forever and was so much fun.  So colorful, so cute.  Here are some pictures:

Look how few books.  Sweet!



We had so much fun back in those days.  I looked up all kinds of fun ways to teach her the basics.  (Scroll through my blog starting in July/August 2012 to see all cute ideas I got off pinterest.)

Now my homeschool room looks like shelves and shelves of books, books, books, and more books.





When we moved in, I just kind of set everything up and we just got started.  Now that we are wrapping up sixth grade, we are going to start doing things a little differently in seventh grade.  Also, anything I don't use regularly, I put in boxes in a closet and I only keep out stuff I use all the time.  I loathe clutter!

It's dark, but here is the desk we share.

I moved all our future books to the shelves
under the printer.

The books we are done using or I don't need to look at
all the time went to the closet.

It looks much cleaner to me.

My side of the desk.  1/10 of the supplies I used to keep
out.  I love having less!  I also love using mason jars.

Kara's side - highlighters, slap bracelet, and note cards.

This big, black binder on the left will be
for every subject in 7th grade.
Then the white box has her Bible, planner,
vocabulary lists, etc.

I was sure to label the boxes so I would
know where to find those things in the future.

I love an organized, clean, cleared out room.  I kind of want to hang out there tomorrow.  Maybe I will!  That seems like a good place to watch netflix and work on Bible study (not at the same time, of course) - my two favorite things to do on a Saturday.

Comments