It's here! It's here!

The first draft of the house is here.  I have several tweaks to make, but it's a great start!


Some notes:
 * I think I want the kitchen bigger, and the kitchen island bigger
 * If I am bringing the kitchen into the area where the table is now, we should bring the great room wall back further into the screened in porch so the kitchen is a part of the great room
 * We don't want walls for the storage part of the garage
 * We want a giant mud room where the powder room is
 * We don't know where the powder room should go now
 * I think I want a bigger pantry
 * We want to switch the office and dining room so we can open those walls and see the lake from the entire great room
 * Kara asked for a door from her closet to the hallway so she can access her laundry easily.
 * I want pocket doors to connect mine and Michael's closets - and connecting them to the big laundry room
 * Maybe add a second door from the garage straight into the kitchen - where the table is currently for easy groceries?
 * Need to add tornado shelter
 * Michael wants all hallways bigger - he prefers 6 feet wide

I need to measure our current rooms to have an idea of what to compare these plans to.

Comments

Unknown said…
SOOOOOO exciting!!!! I agree BIGGER KITCHEN!!!
jeday0323 said…
Thank you Stephanie!

My current kitchen is 22 1/2 ft x 11 ft, and has a 12 ft island in it. (I was constrained with the 11 ft wide because that's where stair cases are, pipes, load bearing walls, and exterior walls. It feels a little narrow.) If I take use the breakfast table area from the plans and make it an extension of the kitchen, this kitchen will be 23 1/2 ft x 13 ft. About the same, but with the back side open to the great room. And now I have to move the great room exterior wall back so the kitchen remains open to the great room.

Maybe we need to move the pantry. Hmm...

I saw a picture of a kitchen on pinterest that had two islands instead of one long one. It was so pretty! I like that idea.

Hmmmm.....something to think about.
Unknown said…
A LOT to think about! I would be staring and studying all night!!!
Elisabeth said…
I agree, the kitchen needs to be different somehow. And Kara doesn't get the lake view bedroom??