Getting ready

The more we think about, pray about, talk about building a house, the more it sounds like I really should be around daily for the building process.  I'm thinking I can fly down here and there over the next month or two to meet with people before stuff actually starts happening, but that is going to get expensive and eventually I should be there to oversee things.  From what I hear, there will be approximately 7,000 questions for me to answer daily, so it'll be easier if I'm there to answer them.  :-)

So, we will look for an apartment or house to rent or something.  Everything is SO cheap down there, I'm thinking one month's rent would be about what we would spend for me to fly down there once for a meeting, so staying down there would definitely be cheaper!  The only thing I'm thinking of is I need a place where I don't have to mow the lawn.  I don't do that.  Not only do I don't know how (no judgement, please!), but I'm not trying to do that for the first time in the Alabama heat!  So, while a rental house sounds ideal, an apartment may be better because they'll maintain the lawn for us.

I definitely have a lot on my mind with planning a move sooner than later.  What to pack, how much of the house to get ready so Michael doesn't get stuck with packing the whole house, etc.  Also, not living with Michael will totally stink.

Now I'm kind of hoping Michael's job takes a long time to come through because how nice would it be to have the house in Alabama done when it's time to move?  Then, instead of putting stuff in storage, we can just move everything straight from Maryland to Alabama.

I can't believe we're really doing this.  :-)

Comments