Tues, Jan 6th

Kara is taking her punishment very well.  She is bored and it is an appropriate punishment, but she can still read and still watch tv, so it wasn't more harsh than she deserved.  Thanks for the input too.  :-)  She is being super sweet to me too.  I know exactly what she's feeling because it's exactly how I feel when I do something wrong.  I want to know the person I've wronged isn't mad at me and that I am truly forgiven.  So, I am sure to give her all the attention she needs and give her lots of sweetness back to assure her everything is fine and forgiveness means not holding it over her head or dwelling on it.  (Which is important to me because I truly believe that's the way God forgives us, so I want to teach her that.  Especially since she is truly sorry.)  It does, however, mean serving your time.

Today we woke up to snow.  I am still recovering with my bad back, so I'm on strict orders not to shovel.  (Boy do I hate shoveling, but this back pain isn't worth not shoveling!)  So, I get to sit inside with my heating pad on my back while I sip coffee and watch the snow fall.  Nice.  :-)

With Kara punished from her favorite entertainment, I am hoping to get a lot of school done.  She even said yesterday that she was looking forward to school today to give her something to do.  lol.  Today we start the Secret Garden, which I am super excited about.  I remember my teachers reading to me over the years, and the Secret Garden was the first book read to me that I remember loving so much.  So, I read the first third of it the other day to give it an overview to make sure it's appropriate for Kara, and I do think so.  Some of the vocabulary may be a bit over her head, so I think I will read it with her so we can talk about it.

I don't know about you, but I but I love the new year.  I love new beginnings.  I love new weeks, new days, new months, new everything.  I love when the billing cycle switches over on the 20th for my credit card and I get another blank slate.  So, here in the new year, I want to spend a lot of time reviewing each and every subject and maybe starting a new Science book.  Maybe.  My goal for 2015 is to get her doing more work independently.  (I do most everything with her.)  At this point in her life, I think she should be able to do about 25% of what we do on her own.

Our homeschool review is coming up, so I need to see where Kara is with her learning/knowledge in each subject and work on preparing a presentation for the reviewers.

Well, it sounds like I have a busy day ahead of me!  I hope you have a wonderful Tuesday too!

Comments