Domestic Day

I had a domestic day being a Domestic Day yesterday.  My married name is so much fun.  Was that fun?

Moving on.

I found myself with an amazing three blissful days to myself last weekend.  Kara was all about Michael on Saturday.  My parents kept Kara Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday.  Well, Tuesday I had a TON to do, but Sat, Sun, and Mon were free.  Wow.  What to do?

Saturday I sat around all day.  I showered and put new pjs right back on.  No.  Makeup.  That's commitment.  I found a new show on netflix (Gilmore Girls), then I hung out at my sister's house in pjs.  Well, I did find more stuff to get rid of on Saturday.  That was productive, right?  My family better start hiding things they are super attached to because I have been getting rid of stuff left and right.  Junk.  Old junk.  It had a purpose in this house at one time, but that time is up.

Sunday was church, lunch with Michael, movie with Michael, bridge with Michael.  Ah, Sundays.  Boy do I love date night day with my fella.

Monday I decided I needed to make a list.  All of this laying around was nice and all, but I need to balance it with being productive.  (I'm still me.  I'm still type A.  No one is going to change that!)

So, here's what I did:
clean bathroom walls (yes, with bad ventilation, my walls were gross)
CLR my shower head
clean bathrooms
sweep, mop, and vacuum every floor of the whole house
sweep up the walls and corners of the ceilings
stage basement for selling - move furniture, organize/move shelves, clean
2 loads of laundry
change all sheets

Whoa.  8 hours later, my house is immaculate, but I am tired!  lol!

Tuesday was going non-stop at church, homeschool review, post office, bank, etc. until dinner time.  Chicken fingers and tater tots for dinner!  Thank goodness Michael didn't care because he wasn't hungry.  Aaaaannnnndddd, this is why he is perfect.

It's not glamorous, but it's my life and I love it.  :-)

Comments