What's new with Alabama

It looks like we finally figured out who our builder guy will be in Alabama, so we are emailing him to see when we will get started.  *deep breath*  Anxiety is still good!  I have my moments when thinking about it gets me going, so I just deep breath (sometimes for 20 minutes) and I'm good to go. But, we haven't even started yet.  :-)

It sounds like we have a ways to go before we break ground.  Meeting with architects to design the house, clearing trees, getting permits, running utilities to the property, etc.  All of that is going to take several months, I assume.

Then after we break ground, it sounds like the first several steps (foundation, most of framing), we won't have to be there for either.  Each step will take a month or more.

SO, it sounds like Kara and I can live here in Maryland for several months (I'm thinking maybe until May) while all of that happens.  In the mean time, I will fly down alone to meet with whoever needs meeting with.

More time in Maryland is very good because it's more time with friends/family/church.  And more time to pack/plan the move.

Timing is still up in the air with our Maryland stuff because it all depends on when Michael's job starts in Alabama.  I sure would love to know what the plan for the whole process would be, in a detailed presentation, but I'm leaving it up to God revealing it all in His perfect timing.  He has told me what I need to know right now, and this is where I'm supposed to be.  Okey dokey.

Comments