Random Thoughts

Today was a great day.  We started with skyping with Michael's mom, then I skyped with Lara, then Kara skyped with Emily!  lol!  Everyone has been super sweet and supportive with Kara's casts, so she is still feeling awesome.

I'm realizing she doesn't want to be treated as a sick person - she wants to be treated like she is still normal because she feels normal.  So, I made her help me clean her gerbils' cage and I told her she has to do it herself next week.  She seemed bummed, but I could tell she was grateful for being treated like nothing was different.  I am going to start making her clean her room and teach her to bathe herself too.

While casting is our lives for now, I am realizing I have a lot of time at home ahead of me (praise the Lord!) and a lot of time in PT waiting rooms ahead of me.  So, I think I can do more Bible studies, I can maybe actually read a book of my own, AND I think I can watch more than 3 tv shows a week.  I am in the process of picking my next Bible study, I think I picked my next book (a Debbie MacComber book), and I picked a new tv show (The 100 - a tv show on the CW - futuristic sci fi).  Also, I think I'll cook dinner on a more regular basis.  This will be a great way to save money too!

Meanwhile, it's 4:45 and getting dark.  *sigh*  We are getting closer and closer to the shortest day of the year, which means closer and closer to Christmas.  Since I don't buy Christmas presents or send cards anymore, I am looking forward to celebrating this year.

Well, I guess it feels good to get all my thoughts out of my head.  Sorry for boring you with this little journal entry.  :-)

Comments