pics

Today is Thursday, which means we go for casting.  I am feeling pretty good since I know what to expect.  I know to expect Kara to be awesome.  I know to expect she may be sore for a day or two.  I know to expect it will get better eventually and she'll be 100% by Monday or Tuesday.  I still have some nervous energy, so I'm posting this as a distraction.  :-)

I'm grasping for something fun to post, so I'm taking you on a tour of my recent iPhone pictures!  lol!

Day 2 of Kara's casting - she was just walking around like normal while she talked up a storm.  She took to it right away. 

My mom bought Kara all the my little ponies, which was so sweet because Kara is obsessed with them! 

Here is Rainbow Dash watching Kara play on the computer. 

Now she's snuggling.  Awww. 

Breakfast the other day.  YUM!  Kara licked the frosting off the top of hers and took about 3 bites and said she's full.  I had no problem eating mine.  Neither did Michael.  :-D 

I don't like pumpkin flavored anything, even pumpkin pies.  My mom will bring pumpkin pies to Thanksgiving this year, but I found this on pinterest to be my pumpkin-alternative dessert.   

Yay!  We got this the day it came out. 

Here she is watching it and cracking up at the silly things they do/say.  

I was browsing through a takeout menu we got in the mail and saw "Unagi" and thought of that Friends episode where Ross talks about Unagi - his superpower to remain focused, calm, and a warrior.  I had to text this picture to my mom and sister.  :-) 

I had to take a picture of Kara's lunch the other day.  Don't most people love carbs?  Don't they crave them?  She is so weird.  Side note:  this was too much food for her - she didn't eat the apple or half the cheese.  When will her appetite kick in?  She ate anything and everything until about 2 or 3, then by 5 or so she stopped eating most things.  Weird. 

We spent Tuesday packing Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes.  This year I am going through things to get rid of since we are moving sometime soon, so I had more and more to donate.  We ended up with 17 boxes.  Sweet! 

Here is Kara doing long division.  Math makes me SUPER happy and I love seeing her do it.  She doesn't love it as much as I do, so I'm trying to get other materials together to make her love it.  (She certainly has mine and Michael's brains - she is already into computers and writing code and all that good stuff - we both LOVE math.)

Okay, it's finally school time.  Thanks for looking through my pictures with me!  Pray Kara's casting goes well today, please.  :-)

UPDATE:  Casting went wonderfully today!  Kara was able to get 10+ more degrees in both feet last week.  Amazing!  Now she has her third set of casts and we're hoping for 10+ more next week.

Comments