Feeling better now that Kara is feeling better

Now that Kara's calves aren't feeling quite so tight and (days later) her little heels don't hurt anymore, I am feeling better.  Now that Kara's cold (which seemed to be 3 days of a horrendous sore throat only) is gone, I'm feeling better.  It's funny how those are connected.

I don't know if it's because Kara spent the first week of her life in the NICU, very sick, where I couldn't help her or do anything for her.  I don't know if it's because I only have one kid.  Maybe it's just all moms.  When Kara is suffering from several things at once and there's nothing I can do about it, I am constantly squirming inside.  I even ended up with an anxiety attack Sunday morning.  (I'm guessing this is what it was about.)  Fortunately it was much, much smaller than what they used to be.

This weekend was pretty full, and so was Monday, so today is our day to chill from all of that, catch up on laundry and chores, catch up on school, and pack our Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes.  Everyone has their traditions for Christmas, ours include the shoeboxes and ordering from the Heifer catalog (buying people in third world countries animals they can use for food and use to sell extra and make money).  In America where we not only have all we need, have all we want, AND have extra junk we don't even want, it sickens me to buy Christmas presents.  So, I don't.  I buy for those in need.

With our move looming in the not-so-distant future, our shoeboxes this year will include a lot of toys and school supplies from our stockpile, as well as the toiletries we go out to buy today.  (This will be Kara's first time out in public with the casts.  I'm thinking we should just do the Dollar Tree, then come home.)

Well, that's me.  I hope y'all have a great Tuesday!

Comments