I'm so excited for Thanksgiving

This is Thanksgiving week, and since I've renovated my kitchen, *I* get to cook!  Yay!  I love to spend all day Wednesday setting the table, peeling, chopping, cooking, baking, preping, cleaning.  That way Thursday I have a ton of casserole dishes full of each side and the pots, pans, etc are already clean and put away.  Thursday all I have to do is the turkey (I ADORE baking anything, especially giant birds!), the gravy, the stuffing, and the rolls.  I assign my mom and sister one appetizer and one side dish, but I mostly cook the rest myself, which works since I'm the one with the double ovens and 6 burners.  *sigh*  I love my kitchen.  Anyway, I mostly assign guests the role of dishes!  If someone loads the dishwasher, I am happy to wash a bunch of casserole dishes.

Here are some fun pictures from last year:

They're family and I love them.

Don't forget the football!

One oven full of side dishes

More side dishes in the second oven (while the turkey rests on the counter)

Pretty table setting

We can't stop goofing off for a second!  I wouldn't have it any other way.

Uncle Tony and niece Kara  <3

I love my kitchen helpers!!!!
This year Christina will be one day post-surgery, so I am praying her pain level is low while she's here so she can enjoy the day.

Meanwhile, I have a giant zit growing under my skin on my cheek.  I can feel it pulsating already and it isn't even visible.  It should be good and hideous just in time for Thanksgiving.  Fabulous.

Comments