Kara's First Poem

Kara wrote her first poem today.  It was supposed to be an 'I Love You' poem.  Three lines, all starting with 'I love you because...' was the assignment.

Kara chose to write it to her little stuffed animal, Wolfie.

"Dear Wolfie...
I love you because you are a caring wolf!
I love you because you are a pro at everything!
I love you because you are my favorite animal!"

How cute is that?

We've been studying poetry this week - a fairly difficult subject for me - and I'm so proud of Kara for understanding it!  When we read one in King James English, she said, "I don't know what it says, I don't speak that language."  lol!  But if she can't figure it out, I have her close her eyes and listen to me read it and she gets it.  I would have a much harder time with it when I was her age, but she's doing it.  I'm so proud of her.

The math games are so much fun, but too easy.  I'm going to do my job and make sure she learns at her level, but it's still fun.  Gonna get started on next week's lesson plans.

Well, now that school is done, it's a rainy day so we're enjoying legos in my room while we watch Ella Enchanted.  Did you ever see that movie?  So cute.  And Kara is NO princess, so a woman who overcomes who she is to save the prince and kingdom is our kind of woman!

Enjoy the nice, cool rain!

Comments