Switching it up

Remember how I said we were going to be switching it up this year?  Well, yesterday morning Kara asked for more computer work, so I took it as a hint to change it up now.  (Trying not to stick with things I've already planned out if it's not right, just because I had it stuck in my mind.  This is hard for me!)

We went online to this awesome, free, Christian curriculum that is 100% online games and fun stuff.  Kara loved it.  I thought it was really fun too - I did really well playing the games!  lol!

Drawing Shapes

 Playing a game - pick numbers that add up to 8 (you can see there's negative numbers too) before new number blocks are added and reach the top.

Tangrams - this was REALLY fun for me too.  :-)

Today we did the same curriculum and it was another hit.  She asked if we could do this more and more "for a long time."

Besides that, I'm feeling good about it because:
  * Just when I got Ancient Egypt books from the library, guess what the first topic we're studying?  Ancient Egypt.  So, along with the fun online stuff, we had good old books to flip through for extra resources.  Supernatural coincidence.  :-)  (P.S.  Building a pyramid out of legos got her playing with legos all.day.long.  I hope she never outgrows them.)
  * Studying all those other curriculums had me positive they were not the ones.  This one just feels right.
  * It's so easy!  Everything is done for me and I don't have to do the lesson plans anymore.  Just as I'm starting up my couponing again, I'd call that perfect timing.

I'm happy to be led in the right direction!  I love how accessible our God is.  <3

In other news, our Pigeon Forge vacation is right around the corner.  Time to start planning/packing/etc.  I'm looking forward to some time with my family.  I can't decide if I want to white water raft, hike, go to the zoo, etc. or if I want to shop, eat in restaurants, etc. or if I want to watch movies and read books all day.  It's so nice to know I can do any combination of those!

Have you already gone on vacation this year?  When do your kids go back to school?

Comments