School, Tuesday, July 23rd

I had a fabulous weekend with my friend Merideth and her family in Alabama.  I didn't want to come home.  When I got home, the first thing I did was start planning another trip.  I LOVE them.

Monday I was zonked from a rough trip home....long story.....don't ask.  So we started school back up today.

We started with Bible.  We're learning about Abraham.  We did the story, then I had her draw a picture about the story.  I filed it away in her portfolio, but she drew several scenes:  Abraham and Sarah traveling to Canaan, Abraham laying on the ground looking up at the stars, God giving his promise that Abraham would have as many descendents as stars in the sky, Sarah holding baby Isaac, Abraham placing Isaac on the altar, and Abraham placing the ram on the altar.

Then, we did some cursive.  Today was i and j:


Then we did reading.  I had her read a Berenstain Bears book I got free from a chick fil a kids meal.  It's close to a chapter book, but still very colorful and fun.  She reads these like an adult.  I'm so proud of her.



Here's a look into my Africa bin I mentioned last time:




We found Africa in relation to the world map.  Also, we color coded the countries we studied.


Here are all the little cards I printed about these African subjects:  people, art, sports, markets, homes, land, trees.


We used these books from the library:



Health - we reviewed what we've learned so far, then did a bit of manners and safety.  I love this book - it's Abeka and includes scripture that backs up every manners and safety thing.


Then we expanded on fractions.  Last week we used the plates only, now we wrote them down so she would be able to do worksheets/tests in the future.



Then she had to put 1/2, 1/3, 1/4 on the number line.


Extra credit:  put 2/3 and 3/4 on the number line:



We also did Grammar - run on sentences and compound sentences.

And don't forget writing (she did a story) and typing (she did more home row practice).

It went quickly and smoothly, as usual.  If we're both in the mood, we can get a lot accomplished.  I've learned to not even try if we're not in the mood.  :-)

Now we have the rest of the day to chill and hang out with Grandma.  Michael and my dad are on a buisness trip for just a few days, so we're doing a girls afternoon/night with shopping, a fun dinner, and movies.  :-)

Comments

Elisabeth said…
I saw a decent sized wall map of the united states that is a wall sticker and thot of you but wasn't sure if you would want it. I didn't think to text you a picture of it until just now...
jeday0323 said…
Aw, thank you, Liz, but I don't have the wall space anymore. :-)