Ramblings

This weekend went great with Michael's family, as I knew it would.  No one cared the house was dirty, I got help with the dishes, and I just moved slowly through the rest.  I couldn't do any super fun swimming, jumping, diving, like I would have liked, but everyone had a blast.  That's the nice thing about such a large family with such great people - just put some food out every few hours and let them have fun.  No pressure to entertain or anything.  Everyone was super respectful of my parent's house/pool, and my parents even came out to join us a bit.  Nothing makes them happier than seeing people loving/using their pool.  Especially the kids - they came out just to watch them have fun.  :-)

My back is much better.  Of course I didn't do exactly what the doctor told me to do, which made the recovery go longer than I thought it would, but I'm already just about 100%.  I'm ready to do some target exercises to strengthen my lower back even more.  I have a strong core already and can hold a plank for a while, so I'm going to work on that too.  I loathe being less than 100%.  Hate.  It.

I got to go to 'work' today.  I count the tithe like I always have, but now I signed up to do financial work all day Mondays to help the church treasurer.  Yep, it's bliss.  I stay until around 4, then swing by and pick up Kara from my mom's.  It's like a little part time job, except without the money.  ;-)  It is really fun and I love it.  The best part about being a volunteer - I get to do only as much as I want to.  No pressure.

School has been pretty slack lately.  We did 3 weeks straight (well, the weeks were pretty short, but we learned a lot), then took last week off.  As I'm looking at our calendar this week, I'm not seeing more than a day or two we'll have time to do it.  I think we'll just do a little bit or take off some more.  With everyone home for the summer, we're focusing on hanging out with friends/family.  We'll get to school when we get to it.  No biggie.  :-)  Next week we're studying Africa.  Geography, reading, climate, culture, etc.  It's all good stuff.  I just got the books we're going to use from the library, and tomorrow I'm going to work on the lesson plans for Wednesday and Friday.

Thursday is Kara's 7th birthday and I think she's getting too old too fast.  I love her so much.  On the other hand, I love having a 7 year old.  My best friend just had her third baby and I think she's a little nuts.  ;-)  I love saying, go clean your room, go take a bath, take out the trash, let's vacuum the floor.  I also love saying, let's read a book, let's watch a movie, let's watch Planet Earth and talk about it.  I also love our heart to hearts in the car and the funny things she says.  I love not talking baby talk anymore, I love a potty trained kid who never misses the toilet when she throws up, and I love a kid who can wipe her own nose.  While I love babies, I think I'm really a big kid kind of person.  I think toddlers are so adorable, but I don't like playing the games they like.  And they make big messes.  Anyway, all that to say, 6 has been fantastic, and I think 7 will be even better.

I hope you all have a great week!

Comments