7th birthday - what?

How can my baby be turning 7 next week?

This year she asked for a minecraft cake.  She is in love with this game, which I still don't really fully understand.  Yes, it took until she was 6 to out-technology me.  ;-)

The game looks like this:

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_BWFGPeWFbYaZ3_iDn8xPhRFw6w7GuV5GNQZJCn1McAG7qdFW

I'm going to turn that into a cake, huh?

So, I googled Minecraft cake, and someone's pinterest page came up - they already did the research!  I asked Kara to pick the one on the page that she wanted.  She picked this one:

http://media-cache-ak3.pinimg.com/736x/1a/3c/2e/1a3c2ecaefdcc2f704659b472fabffc8.jpg

She said she didn't care about the candles, tnt, or chest, she just wanted the grass/dirt blocks and the pig.

Okaaaaayyyy.  Why doesn't she just want a butterfly theme again?

So, I decided to make a regular 9 x 13 cake, then put the blocks and pig on top.  And I thought shaping them out of rice krispie treats like the professionals do would be easier than cutting a second cake.  Well, no rice krispies.  How about fruity pebble treats?  They turned out to work wonderfully and I loved how easy they are to sculpt.  I'll definitely be using these in the future.

Anyway, here's the final product.  It's as good as it's going to get turning the picture above into a star tipped cake.  It only took me many, many hours.  :-)  I love my girl.


I'm pretty sure no one coming will have even heard of minecraft, nevermind know what this is supposed to be.

Here's a closeup of mr. piggy:

Inspiration:




My star-tipped interpretation:


Not the best cake ever made, but Kara is pretty excited.  She told her friend while they were licking the beaters to the frosting, "you should see her cakes, they're amazing.  And they're delicious too."  How long do they think they're mommy is fantastic?  I am hoping it lasts a long time.  I still think my mommy is amazing, so I'm not one to go by....

Comments