First Tooth

Kara lost her first tooth today.  I was a wimp when it came to pulling teeth, so I wasn't too surprised that she was too.  She's been holding onto that thing for weeks now.  It's been hanging by a thread - with a gap on one side, hanging low like a snaggle-tooth, and sometimes she'd play with it and put it in front of her lower lip like a buck tooth.  It was driving me crazy!  lol!



Now that it's out, she looks so cute, but it was not a good experience.  While eating lunch, she would take a bite of toast (she's home sick today with tummy troubles) and say, look, my tooth is sticking straight out!  It creeped me out, but she thought it was funny.  :-)  After a bite of an apple, she ran to the mirror and said, "mommy, I think my tooth is bleeding."  It sure was!  It was kind of a lot of blood, which FREAKED her out.  She appeared calm while I said, yep, let me look at your tooth, and plucked it right out.  Then we swished out her mouth and rinsed off the tooth.  Meanwhile, I'm making a big deal about how pretty she looks and how bleeding is normal and should be done in a few minutes.  She turned white and almost threw up - it was too much blood for her!  She was hovering the toilet for a while and eventually said she just wanted to go to bed and wasn't going to be sick.  She was still white as a sheet and tearing up.  She did NOT want to talk about it.  :-(  Poor girl.

I made her smile like that for the picture above - she really felt like this:


UPDATE:  Kara has had a nap and is now very excited about her tooth.  :-)

Comments