1 day left


Not sure if you can see, but my Royal Caribbean page has counted me down to 1 day left before my cruise.  If you look closely, they're wishing me "Bon Voyage!"  Which directly translates to "have a good trip!"

I'm doing pretty well with my anxiety levels.  Yes, this crazy brain which I've been working my whole life to figure out has always made my stomach upset for things I'm excited about.  The older I've gotten, the more I realize I'm mostly afraid of / anxious about 'the unknown'.  I'm a super planner because of it - less things will catch me by surprise and I'll be prepared for anything.  I think I've gotten everything settled and there will be no unknown this time.  Once I see where my room is and I'm assured I can't feel the rocking of the boat in it (that I won't get seasick in it), I'll be good to go!

Today is the super cleaning/packing day.  I love, love, love making lists, crossing things off the lists, cleaning, packing, preparing, etc.  So, today should be great.  Hopefully I'll be busy enough to keep my mind off any anxiety and it'll help the day go faster.  Of course, Michael will be all packed in about 15 minutes.  But, he's not bringing near the amount of jewelry I'm bringing:



and his wardrobe consists of jean shorts and white t-shirts.  As long as he doesn't forget underwear and a toothbrush, he's good to go!  I, however, have been planning jewelry, outfits, makeup, etc. for days.  Not to mention, whitening my teeth, working on beautifying my hands and feet, and other grooming techniques.  AND I'll be packing for Kara, who will be spending the next 10 days with Grandma!

Next time you read this I'll be posting all about our cruise.  :-)  Please pray for safety and that none of us get sick!

Comments

Elisabeth said…
Have fun! I don't even own that much jewelry! Can't wait to hear all about it and see some pictures that make me wish I was at the beach!
jessicaday said…
Thanks guys!
(And Liz, half to three quarters of that is my mom's jewelry.) :-)
Anonymous said…
Have an awesome time! Where are you going?! We just told the kids last night we're going another cruise and we're taking them with us!!!!! March of next year!
jessicaday said…
They will love it Stephanie! All it took was one cruise to hook you, huh? ;-)
We're going to the Caribbean again - Bermuda, Puerto Rico, Haiti, and St. Maarten this time.
When I first mentioned the cruise in front of Kara, I said, sorry honey you're not going. You're going to have a vacation at Grandma's house instead. She said YAY! Lol! She'd rather do that anyway - but she's only 5!