Shopping

Today we slept in. Kara slept in until 9:15 and "forgot" to let me sleep in - she was sipping her milk in my ear and asking if we can watch spongebob. Niyah slept in until 9:45. We had an hour of spongebob before we left to go shopping with my mom. We hit the bank, the Goodwill store (who have even cheaper books than Half Price books - something I've never heard of but Niyah uses as her measuring stick for prices for books), and the UPS store.

Kara took these at my sister's house:


Then we went to my sister's house for lunch and stayed for an hour or two while my mom went to WalMart for her (Christina's ankle is on the fritz again so she's laid up, so my mom does these things for her).


After that we headed out to Target. Ah, I love Target. My mom bought Niyah several fun things because Niyah is extremely frugal as she's saving for a computer. Then we went to Michael's for yarn so Niyah could do more plastic canvas and learn cross stitch. I taught Raylean cross stitch WAY back in the day, so maybe she can help if Niyah has questions! :-)

Then it was home to put away all the bags from shopping and start dinner. I made the time to do a bunch of dishes, I have MANY loads of laundry working, and dinner was a excellent, if I say so myself! lol!

THEN we went to four libraries to rent a bunch of audiobooks. I'm burning them to cds for Niyah to listen to after she leaves.

So, laundry tonight, and finish the rest tomorrow. Work on the eight audiobooks on my computer, and finish the rest tomorrow. The Orkin guy is coming and we're going to pack and cross stitch too. I hope we get to relax a bit because I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed and overtired. (As you can tell by my very factual post! Michael actually came up to me and said, are you okay?) And tomorrow night is the Symphony!! I'm so excited. I've only been twice. Tomorrow we're going to see works by Gershwin. It should be lovely.

Comments

Elisabeth said…
Niyah seems very mature for her age. Don't get too overtired since you have a full weekend ahead of you!!
jessicaday said…
She is very mature for her age! And tall and pretty. I keep forgetting she's 12. She could pass for 17!
Anonymous said…
I was thinking she doesn't look 12 either! She is very pretty. And living with Kayla, who has always been taller than everyone, it is easy to "forget" they are actually younger than they look! Always been that way with Kayla!
Sharon said…
I wish i could be there with you guys. Niyah is having a blast. She looks like such a big girl in the pics. I guess she really is a big girl and I just keep seeing her as my baby girl, lol..And yeah, she looks much older than 12. I think it's all in the chicken, lol.