Friday, July 1st

Thank heavens the girls slept in until 9 this morning. I would think Hannah on benedryl would make her a lot more tired than she has been, but she just admitted about an hour ago that she's been tired, but fighting to stay awake! :-) (By the way, I saw Vicky's comment about her rash. I took her to the doctor and they gave her steroids. It's completely gone on her back, where it started, and faded on her arms and legs.)

After watching cartoons and having cocoa puffs, they wanted to play makeup. I thought, what the heck, and brought out all my mary kay stuff. No eyeliner or mascara, just eye shadow and blush. Here are our beauties. They both really loved playing with makeup.


After that, we headed to my mom's house for her pool. She and my dad are out of town for a few days, so we took over! We got there about 11 and ate lunch there, ordered pizza there for dinner, and now we're staying over! Here are some cute pictures of them swimming today.

Hannah blew the water out of the noodles.

Hannah being Hannah. Later tonight she said, "Hey, don't take my picture, I don't like it when people take my picture." She had the nerve to act hurt when I said, "no you don't - you LOVE it when people take your picture!" Lol. She cracks me up.

One, two, three, JUMP!

Underwater games.

When the pool is 84 degrees and still feels cool, you know it's a hot summer day!

Playing with the hose.

Diving for rings and little fishie toys.

Taking a break and refueling. We watched cartoons for a few minutes while we waited for it to get dark. Yep, we went night swimming!

I used a flash for this one.

Jumping in the deep end. This is so cool!

Now it's time for a slumber party at Grandma's house.

We had some issues with the girls today, but I think we worked it all out. No matter what either one of them are giving me trouble with, they correct themselves the minute I say something. I feel like that's the most important thing. Nobody is perfect, but if they're willing to improve themselves at others' suggestions, then that's pretty awesome. :-)

Hannah just came in and told me Kara is asleep. She's been staying up way too late and not sleeping in enough, which I think is the cause for her issues today. Hopefully it's a good night on the floor together!

We're still having an awesome time and will probably swim tomorrow while Uncle Michael goes to his fishing tournament.

Comments

Elisabeth said…
night swimming is awesome!!
jessicaday said…
Hannah said you guys use what looks like a disco ball on the bottom of the pool to change the pool color. We gotta get one of those!
Vicky said…
Remember the pool at the place we stayed in FL that one year! That was lots of fun! Those girls are just a couple of cutie pie fishies! :D