Beach Day

The most important thing to Niyah this whole trip was the beach. This was priority ONE. So, we left the house around 9 and made it to the beach around 11 - maybe a little after. We paid for parking in the meters VERY far from the beach, then made the long walk down to the boardwalk and then onto the beach. Every time my breath catches a bit and I'm amazed at the beauty of God's creation.

The weather was unusually hot last week, but thankfully a nasty thunderstorm yesterday afternoon cooled things off to the 90s like a normal summer day here in Maryland. That along with the cool breeze off the ocean made for a pretty nice day.

Here are some cute pictures from today.

Niyah spent the first 30-45 minutes thinking today was NOT a good day to be a woman. :-(


Kara making "sand" angels.


Seagull.


Niyah is SO sweet to Kara.


Building sand castles.


The Bay Bridge. It's 4.3 miles long and crosses the Chesapeake Bay. I'm not afraid to drive on bridges, so we marveled in the Bay's beauty.


What Kara did on the way home:

Okay, don't tell anyone, but the trip to and from the beach was my favorite part of the whole day. Niyah and I talked and giggled and the 4+ hours in the car went really fast! The beach was just hot and sandy and I got a sunburn. :-)

After we got home, we had dinner with my parents and sister. Then we watched Jeopardy with Michael. Now we're watching the Incredibles and I'm teaching Niyah how to do plastic canvas, a fun and inexpensive hobby.

Tomorrow we're shopping with my mom and having lunch with my sister. Another great day planned!

Comments

Vicky said…
Catching up with family is so much fun, isn't it? Glad you are having a good time with Niyah!