Balance


I know I've said this before, but my goal in life is to maintain balance. Balance Bible study, volunteering in church, chores, errands, friends, family, down time (tv, reading, baking), etc. I think all those things are important and should be kept in a good balance. Don't over-do or under-do any of them.

That said, I think there are lots of ways to be a stay at home mom depending on the mom's and kids' personalities and ages. Some moms are outside as much as possible, some moms are extremely active in their kids schools, some moms work part time, some moms do play dates every day. I don't think there's anything wrong with any of those ways to parent. The way I'm a stay at home mom is by going lots of places. Not only do we travel a lot, but we go to friends' houses, hang out at the mall, and shop at Target weekly. It may not work for everyone, but it works with my and Kara's personalities.

One reason we get out of the house so much is because I really want to raise an open minded, well rounded person, who loves the Lord. I feel exposing her to other people, other cultures, and showing her what's out there will teach her how awesome our God is by the great diversity of His people and beautiful Creation. Another reason is because I have to get out of this house!! Lol! I LOVE being a stay at home mom and I LOVE not working, but staying home all day every day is not my cup of tea - especially when those days are spend entertaining a 4 year old. She's really good at entertaining herself, but not all day! So, all that was said to explain why these snow days are killing me. I have to get out! I'm feeling claustrophobic and definitely out of balance! Not to mention my dear, sweet Kara is driving me crazy and may not survive another snow day. Lol!

Comments

Elisabeth said…
what is that on her head?!
jessicaday said…
LOL!!! Her favorite Christmas present this year was cars that run on a track. That is the track! :-)
Elisabeth said…
oh, I can see that now!
Vicky said…
LOL! That was gonna be my question til you answered it for Liz! Yeah, snow days tend to just about KILL you when the kids are home! That was the one thing nice about having more than one kid.......they all retreated outside to play in the snow together, even the young ones. Jessica was a good mommy, even then! :D They would come in to warm up and long enough for their clothes to be dried in the dryer and then they were back at it again! They all usually slept pretty good that night! :D
Anonymous said…
Same here Vicky. Mine go out and play together in the snow too! Then I serve them hot chocolate and cookies, dry their stuff and they go back!
jessicaday said…
That sounds like heaven! Michael has to work and I have to go out with her, shovel, make snowmen, then come in and do the hot chocolate, laundry, mop the floors, etc. Snow days wear me out!!!!
Anonymous said…
It wore me out too when they were little because even though there were three of them, I still had to go. Actually, I was worn out BEFORE we ever got outside!! Dressing three of them in layers of clothes, snowsuits, hats, gloves, boots, etc...THEN we go outside! LOL