Christmas in NC

Just about everyone who reads my blog was there, so I won't post many pictures here - they'll be on facebook. We had a great time, here's the overview:

Saturday:
* Up at 5am so we could leave by 6 and be in DC by 7. We were hoping the traffic would be light, and it was. We made it to NC by about noon and had a great trip. Thanks to my Dramamine (and my wonderful husband who drove the whole way), I had a nice hour and a half nap - that makes 6 hours go by quickly! :-)
* After excited hellos, Kara disappeared to go play with her cousins and I pretty much never saw her again. :-) This was the first time in her life she didn't cling to me the WHOLE time!! I love it!!!!
* Lunch, then present time. My gifts were a hit, Kara loved hers, everyone was so generous.
* We played with presents, then headed back to the hotel a bit early so we could check in, get bathed, and ready for church the next morning.

Sunday:
* After a delicious hotel breakfast (they had the same cheese omelets I ate at the hotel in San Francisco - it made me wish my mom was there), we went to Sunday School and church. Kara was away during Sunday school, which was nice. I got to focus on the study on Revelation 22. I just studied it, so it was fresh in my mind and very nice to review. What a beautiful chapter that is. :-) Unfortunately there was no children's church, so I have no idea what the sermon was about. :-( I love hearing Tim preach, so that was disappointing. I spent the whole time keeping Kara in check. She is good at sitting quietly, but for the first time I let Hannah sit with us too. Hannah was good, but Kara just could not keep her voice down. So she sat under my arm half the time.
* Lunch after church, then playing outside because it was nice out. The kids rode bikes, and I played ball with little Michael. I am not an outside person - especially when it comes to playing games like that so that just shows you how much I love my nephew. :-)
* Lots of card games with the kids (Uno, slap jack, and teaching little Michael how to play Euchre). Then dinner and evening church. Kara went to the nursery with Mamaw, so I got to listen to Tim preach. It was about Moses and the burning bush. Very good sermon - as usual!
* Then back to the house to hang out. Aunt Jessica let Kara feed her 7 month old baby, Sawyer. That will show you how much SHE loves Kara!!! Kara made a bit of a mess, and when Sawyer wanted to play on the floor, Kara insisted on holding him. I kept saying let him go, but Jessica kept saying, no, it's okay. She's so nice to her!!!

Monday
* We all slept in until 9:15. Wow! I guess we needed that.
* Spent some time with Mamaw and Papaw, played Euchre with little Michael, and packed up.
* We had a wonderful ride home and walked in the door at 7. I gave Kara a bath and she passed out immediately. Then I unpacked everything and started the laundry. I was able to wash one load, wash and dry another, and wash and dry and fold a third. I still was in bed asleep by 10. Ah, laundry. Good stuff. :-)

Here's a video of Kara on the way home. I gave her a discman to listen to for the first time. She sang LOUDLY to it the whole way home. :-)


The first snowflakes didn't fall until we were 3 minutes from our house. It snowed and freezing rained all night, so everything is icy and schools are closed. That means Kara and I are home all day and Michael's work was delayed. God is so good. Watching cartoons in my bed with Kara is just what I wanted to do today!!

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Comments

Vicky said…
So glad everyone had a good time! You can listen to Tim's Sunday morning sermon on the church website. You can get the link at the top of my blog. Love you all!
Elisabeth said…
Hannah sang loudly to her walkman on the way down. That thing has been a lifesaver for us! I'd much rather hear her sing that argue with Ryan! =)
Anonymous said…
Glad you guys had a great time!!! Kara singing is too cute!