When did a cookie become not just a cookie?

I'm sick to death of feeling guilty for enjoying food. Overeating, yes, not so great, but one cookie, or even two. Why am I made to feel guilty? It is not a sin. It does not hurt anyone. It does not make me a bad person. (In fact, constantly dieting makes me crabby, which makes me no fun to be around.) I used to be genetically thin - no matter what I ate, I was a bean pole. Eating, even overeating, was encouraged and found to be kind of funny or silly. So, why, now that I'm genetically heavy (not matter what I eat, I'll never be smaller than a size 12 again), is it so bad for me to eat more than just salads? So, WHO taught me to feel guilty? Why do I hate eating in front of people? Any thoughts??

Comments

Vicky said…
Guilt is not taught. Adam and Eve knew they had sinned, so what's the first thing they did? They hid from God! Why? They knew they were guilty of disobeying Him! Your feeling of guilt is from not pleasing someone with your size. Is it Michael? Is it yourself? Is it God? Is it your family? That's what you've got to figure out, IMHO! If it is yourself, you need to convince yourself that as long as you are eating healthfully and taking care of yourself, it is OK to be the size you are! I would say that is probably true if it is any of the above! God made you who you are! The main goal should be to please Him and be who He wants you to be! And, when I'm pointing my finger at you, I have 3 more pointing back at myself! :D
jessicaday said…
Yeah, I think I've figured out where it comes from.
Thanks for the great advice! :-)