Tuesday - Dutch Wonderland

Today was an awesome day! It was hot out there, but definitely bearable. We were hot and sweaty, but not feeling sick. We went to Dutch Wonderland today - an amusement park in Lancaster, PA made just for little kids.



The girls both liked riding on just about everything they were big enough for. Kara wasn't fond of the "big" roller coaster - she was holding on for dear life and refused the small one, which she's been on before.

It was hard having two kids and only one adult. There were a few things Hannah wanted to go on, but was too small to go on alone and I couldn't go on with her and leave Kara to stand by herself, so I had to say no. It was unfortunate, but good life lessons for the girls. It was certainly a day of indulgence, so not getting EVERYTHING you want was probably a good thing.





We rode TONS of rides, had a very expensive lunch, and spent some time in the water park. Kara was very tired and ready to go around 1:30, but I pushed her a while longer because Hannah was having the time of her life. We didn't end up leaving until 3:45! I carried Kara a lot, but she was good and slept at least an hour on the way home. (While she slept, Hannah and I had ruin-your-dinner ice cream from Sonic. I love being the aunt!! Hannah said I was the best and she wanted to live with me. Lol!)

We got home around 5:45, so I took a quick shower and we headed out to Chevy's (our favorite mexican restaurant and kids eat free on Tuesdays). After dinner I asked Hannah to call her mommy and she said why? I said you could tell her about your day and she said I already told her yesterday, you can call her and tell her. Okay! Sorry, Liz. :-)

Today the girls started bickering. Nothing unmanageable, but definitely inevitable. It's fine with me, it's how kids learn to interact with people their own age and how they learn to stand up for themselves. By the end of a hot, tired day, they were sitting pretty far apart on the train, but I made them squish together for a picture. Lol!

That being said, today is also the day they told each other they loved each other. It was so funny. Kara was sitting on the toilet going #2 while Hannah was getting started in the bath and Kara just said, "I love you, Hannah." Hannah just smiled and said, "I love you too." So sweet!

They were SUPER best friends during their bath tonight though. They got so rowdy, which is fine by me! They were laughing and having a good old time. Hannah's "bubbles" is what started it. After Kara laughed (well, let's face it, toots are funny and toots in the water are even funnier), Hannah was on a roll and couldn't be stopped. After the bath, she let out a huge belch. I don't know what she ate, but it's out of her system now!!! Lol!!!

I'm looking forward to a low-key, near the house, air conditioned day tomorrow. We're going to hang out at the mall, eat lunch in the food court, and go to the movies. I can't decide between Toy Story 3 and Despicable Me. I'm going to let the girls decide.

Thank you Liz for sharing your girl with us. I don't know who's having more fun - Hannah, Kara, or ME!

Comments

Elisabeth said…
Hooray for another great day!! Hopefully a good nights sleep will make them best buds again for tomorrow!
Vicky said…
You had me laughing and crying with this one! Crying at the "I love you" moment and laughing pretty much the rest of the time! :P