Sunday








What a great day! The church service we usually go to starts at 9:15, but since the girls slept until 9:15 (a result of being up until 11:30 last night!), we went to the 11:00 service. We took our time getting ready and enjoying breakfast, but the highlight of the morning was when Hannah lost her tooth! She was mid sentence and the tooth fell right out on it's own. I'm so glad because it needed to be done and she was nervous about it and this way it didn't hurt. :-) We made a huge deal about it and told her how happy we were for her and how proud we were of her and she just soaked it right up.

The girls wanted to be twins for church, so they ended up wearing the same colors (pink and brown) and pig tails. Hannah said her mommy doesn't do her hair in pig tails anymore because "that's for babies", but she wanted to look like Kara enough that it was worth it to her. :-) They both went to Kara's class and did really well. All my friends who work back there said they did a good job and when I picked them up they were happily finishing their snack of goldfish.

After church, we went home for lunch, then played at my mom's house all afternoon! I wasn't sure if Hannah would like that - she only just met my mom. I told them I'd stay with them as long as they wanted me to (thinking I'd be there most of the time) and before I finished my sentence Hannah yelled, "you can leave!" It made me giggle and I was so glad they had a great time. My mom fed them dinner and gave them a bath, then they came home to sleep.

While Hannah and Kara were at my mom's house, some serious thunderstorms came by. I called my mom to remind her Hannah was afraid and she took them to the basement and distracted them down there. Hannah barely even knew it stormed!

Since they slept in so late, I let them skip a nap and they were asleep by 7:30. While they slept, Michael and I played bridge with our friends, like we do every Sunday night. Also, the tooth fairy came - I heard her slip in Hannah's room around 9. ;-) The tooth fairy told me Hannah didn't move at all and she left a small pile of candy for her. I'm so excited for Hannah!!!!

It was a great day, AGAIN! Tomorrow I have to stay near the house because the Orkin guys are coming, but after they leave, we're going to spend a few hours at my mom's pool. I'll probably take Hannah back to the airport again so we can watch planes again. Those are good stay-by-the-house things to do.

Hannah is eating very well (better than Kara) and is still VERY well behaved. I'm so proud of that little girl. :-)

Comments

Elisabeth said…
YAY!! Hannah looks sooo cute without her tooth! I'm glad it was another great day. Thanks for taking such good care of my girl! BTW, I didn't tell her pig tails were for babies, I said they looked better on her when she was a baby! Can't wait to hear about today!
jessicaday said…
Oh, it is my pleasure. Hannah is just so lovely - I'd like to be around her even if she wasn't my niece and I wasn't totally in love with her already. :-)
Oh, that's funny about the pig tails. It's funny to hear how they interpret what we say. Lol!
Today is pool day - we're getting ready to go in a few. Hannah is mesmerized by the cartoons and cocoa puffs and Kara is playing video games, so I'll wait for them to finish.
Vicky said…
I've been catching up on these posts backwards, lol! And I've been meaning to ask you what happened to the HUGE TV? All I have seen is the little one. Loved the tooth fairy part!
jessicaday said…
We're getting a new tv. The furniture and tv have been too big for that room since we moved in three years ago. I wanted to donate that one while it was still in decent shape. Now it's time for a flat screen, that I think I'll mount on the fireplace mantle.