Totally disorganized thoughts after a great and happy day

Hannah and Kara told me jokes before bed.

Hannah's: How does a bird carry a book?
In it's belly!

Kara's: How does one house talk to another?
With a microphone!

They made those up all on their own, on the spot. I love it!! Then they told Michael one:

Hannah's: How can an uncle frog be a story reader?
*giggles too much to answer*

Kara's: How can a stick with eyes and legs walk and do that?
With another walking stick!

*sigh* It's getting near the end and I'm starting to get sad. They both love Dr. Seuss books before bed and I'm happy to read the 60 page silly books. We all crack up and decided we need to send them for Mamaw to read to them every night. Hannah giggled and said, "I know when she reads them she will laugh!" :-)

Today was a great day and we're ready for the party tomorrow. I'm nervous not many people will show. At least Hannah will be there, but I don't know who's going to eat all that food. I may be sending a ton of it with the girls!

For the other mommy who is reading this: behavior was near perfect today. I didn't have to talk to them about arguing or sassiness one single time. (Just stop asking why when I say no. That's disrespectful and my answer will be "Because I said so!")

Tomorrow is Kara's birthday party. It should last pretty much all day. The cake is done and turned out pretty cute. At least Kara is 4 and doesn't have super high expectations. :-) While Kara napped with my sister, Hannah came with me to the grocery store and she helped me pick out the chips and ice cream for tomorrow. She is such a sweet little helper! (And today when I was squirting leftover icing onto their fingers to eat, she said I was the best! I love it!!!)

Looking forward to a great day tomorrow. I have my list of things to bring with the girls all done. Liz has to come up with a super sneaky way for me to give her Hannah's tooth without her seeing.....

Comments

Elisabeth said…
Love it!! I have no idea where Hannah came up with those jokes! Maybe next summer Ryan and I can come up and spend the week too! You guys are having way too much fun without us! =)
I am always yelling at Hannah about asking me "why?" after I say something. I have just stopped answering her. I forget if it was working, I haven't seen her in so long!!
Can you just put her tooth in her bag when you pack all her stuff back up? SHe usually isn't interested in what I put in her bag.
jessicaday said…
I would LOVE for you and Ryan to come next year!!!!! I think we should do exactly the same thing next year that we did this year. It has been AWESOME!!
Sure, I'll put the tooth in the bag, but it's on you if the tooth fairy gets "outed". Lol!
Elisabeth said…
if she figures out we are the tooth fairy, I'll be kinda glad cuz I won't have to worry about it anymore! =)