Monday - Pool Day





Thanks to some much needed thunderstorms yesterday, today was a cool 92 degrees, which meant it felt great in the pool. Since the water was 86 degrees, it was SO warm, which is the way kids like it. I was so surprised Hannah could swim so well! Here's a video of her swimming half the length of the pool.



We swam for about two hours, took a break for a picnic under the beach umbrella, then swam for another hour. I know the kids are wiped out and they're napping now, and I'm seriously considering closing my eyes for a while now too!




I am still having such a great time and just generally feel so happy. Hannah is super well behaved and I am finding myself getting on Kara more! If she's not sharing well, then she's sassing me (well, just a little bit). It's certainly nothing she got from Hannah, who is being an angel, but I'm wondering if maybe she's showing off.

I'm going to make a simple dinner tonight - spaghetti or something like that. Then I'm taking Hannah and Kara back to the airport to watch the planes land. I think it'll be cool enough for them to play at the playground there too.

I think tomorrow is going to be THE big day. I think I'm going to take them to Dutch Wonderland tomorrow. It's a really fun amusement park just for little kids, and there's even a fun little water park there too. It's great because there's no punk teenagers, no young jerks, just families with little kids. Tomorrow's weather is supposed to be decent, so it should be a good day. The worst part - it's two hours away! More time in the car, but it should be worth it. AND the kids usually crash in the car on the way home, which makes for a quick, quiet drive for me.

Here's some of my favorite parts about this vacation:

* Hearing the girls talk and giggle before they go to sleep. I STILL love doing that with my cousins. :-)
* The funny things the kids come up with. One thing was out of the blue Hannah said, "I know why Ryan couldn't come - he's a handful." That was funny enough, then Kara (who has never heard that term) said, "What, like I have a handful of sandwich?" Lol!!!! Then later it was quiet while Kara was going potty and I said, "Kara, are you okay?" And Hannah came out of nowhere and said, "Yeah, she's just pooping." Lol!!!
* Listening to Hannah call home every day and being able to tell who she's talking to by the way she changes her voice ever so slightly. When she talks to Ryan, she has more of an authoritative tone in her voice and she calls him "Buddy" all the time. And she ALWAYS tells him she loves him.

There's much, much more, but that's what I thought of right now. :-)

Comments

Elisabeth said…
This is my favorite post so far! She has surprised us all this summer by how good she can swim! I was really LOL at the last few things you wrote. Kids really do say the darndest things! I love it! I'm glad we'll have these posts to look back on in several years! I have a package that Ryan and I made for her that I'll be putting in the mail tomorrow so be looking for it!
Kattrina said…
Sounds like you're having a ball with the kiddies. Glad it's going so well. Would love to get together again sometime in August if you are up for it.
Vicky said…
I LOVED the post! Yes, kids will ALWAYS say the least expected things!
Jessica said…
Wow, that is definitely not the Hannah I know as far as the pool goes!! She is doing super! Sounds like you are having a marvelous time with the girls! Probably takes you back to when you and Christina were little!