Kara is Home

It was fun to take a break from school, but I'm so glad Kara is home now.  She flew home alone for the first time.  She loved it!

Her plane is pulling up to the gate!

There she is!  She looked very happy and
like she wanted to cry a little.  (Cry with joy.)
  A lady walked her off the plane and wouldn't let
Kara leave with me until she checked
my identification.  (You just can't see her
behind the door.)

Shiloh missed her

And she missed Shiloh.

Don't ever leave me again.

Ever.

Can Kara come back outside?

Please?

It took an hour and a half to drive to the airport.  Then I was at the airport about an hour.  Then another hour and a half home.  That's four hours.  I'm about done for the day.  lol.  I'm trying to figure out how to get out of making dinner tonight.  Why do people need dinner every night?  Why can't we just have apples and peanut butter and snack like toddlers?  No cooking.

I did go for a power walk.  Walking through the neighborhood looks a little different than it used to:




I love "paintbrush" clouds.


No houses!  My kind of neighborhood.

Ever since the accident this summer, I haven't been nearly as active as I used to be.  So, I'm starting by walking to the mailbox every evening.  It sounds short, but it's about half a mile, round trip.  (I'm a girl - is that even close to right?  I promise to measure tomorrow.)  It's a good start for someone out of shape.  Gotta get that heart pumping!

Comments

Vicky said…
No, I'm pretty sure that trip to the mailbox and back would be at LEAST a mile!!! :D
jeday0323 said…
I like the way you do math! :-)
Vicky said…
Probably, it is more like 2 miles! :D