Christmas Tree is Up

A great part about being a grown up?  You can put the Christmas tree up whenever you want.  Whether you want to put it up super early, leave it up super late, or not even put it up at all!

I live with Michael who could care less if we ever had a Christmas tree.  He doesn't even care if he has a couch.  Or a rug.  Or plates that aren't plastic.  He is a real minimalist and totally doesn't care about decorations.  On the one hand, he isn't appreciative when I put the decorations up.  Nor does he help.  On the other hand - I put it up whenever and wherever I want.  And I decorate it however I want.  That goes double for the house.  I can do whatever I want.  It's a pretty good deal if you ask me.  :-)

I also live with Kara who was thrilled last year to only have a construction paper tree.  She was disappointed this year when I put up our tree because it wasn't the construction paper tree only.  Yeah.

So, I decided this year I would put the decorations up early since my family is coming for Thanksgiving.  Also, our Christmas plans with Michael's family has us leaving on Dec 23rd, so I'll put them away before we go.  That sounds like an early season to me!

I know people out there have serious opinions about when we should put them up.  We can thank Facebook for that.  Facebook opinions guilt me about all sorts of things - my stupid Christmas tree included.

Anyway.  Ours is up.  And I'm happy about it.  But no one else cares.  lol.

Here is Kara wearing her pretty Christmas
sweater dress.  She wanted to wear it
early.  I am so excited she cares about
one pretty outfit.  I hope it's starting.  I
hope she starts caring about fun clothes
soon.  Or, you know, brushing her hair.

Comments

Vicky said…
Kara looks BEAUTIFUL!!! But, I had to laugh out loud at the brushing-the-hair comment! :D She will get there........maybe! :D
Unknown said…
She looks so pretty! LOVE the outfit!!!