It's Boxes Time!

With Kara gone, I have a lot more free time.  Don't get me wrong, I'm still cooking, cleaning, etc.  But with no homeschool, I have started packing boxes.  Remember how I spent a lot of time thinking in Maryland about how to pack my boxes?  Well, step #1 in packing boxes yesterday was to go through all the boxes I didn't open and decide where they will go in the new house (that means re-labeling and color coding the tape - yes, I'm over organized).  It took me a few hours to do this, then I made a new spreadsheet of all my boxes and realized I was able to keep 57 boxes unopened!  Of course, this isn't old junk and I'm not a hoarder - I only unpacked a few plates, pots, baking pans, cups, etc.  Same with clothes and tupperware and blankets and books and other things.  I need that stuff (can't throw it out) but vowed to live without it for the 10 months we are renting this house so I could save myself some work.  Well, 57 boxes later I am reaping those rewards.  I am just feeling such relief from that work upfront.

As I was making a spreadsheet of my boxes and what room they would go in (and what was in each box), I decided it would be easiest to pull out the boxes I saved that are already labeled and just put the same things right back in the boxes.  And since I numbered them as I went, I know that stuff that is in a lower numbered box is stuff we can live without for a few months before we move.  So, I'm doing those first.  I had time to pack 4 boxes before it was time to cook dinner, bake a dessert for church, then head out to Bible study.  (In case you're counting, that's 61 boxes packed.  I'm in good shape!  Let's keep the ball rolling.)

I'm glad I started that and plan to work on that some more today (Thursday) because it is cold and rainy and I don't have to be anywhere today.  I do still need to cook dinner, make some goodies for the contractors, make breakfast for Michael, and pick out more lights for the house.  And one of these days I need to start my 6th grade lesson plans....

Tomorrow (Friday) I have a bunch of stuff I need to do for the house - exterior lighting, porch fans, pick out the fireplace hearth (about an hour away), pick out front porch flooring (Trex Composite Decking - no staining in future years), and I'm sure there will be more!  I am waiting to hear back on the final cabinetry plans. Yikes.  I sent them my changes on Sunday and I still haven't heard back on the PLANS.  The weeks are slipping by.  *sigh*

Let's see what Kara has been up to, thanks to mom's pictures:










Boy, can you tell Kara loves being outside and she loves swimming?

And here is our little princess enjoying breakfast:



She's having the time of her life!  I'll be joining her soon.  In the meantime, I have a bunch to do here to get ready for the move and pick more stuff out for the house.

Comments