Florida

I haven't posted in a while.  I am going to post a bunch of pictures and do minimal journalling.

My mom was here, then she and Kara were in Florida, then I went to pick Kara up.  But I stayed for a while first.  My sister and Tony came and it was a spectacular visit.

My mom got me this surprise -
an Alabama apron!

We went to an Orioles game while we were in Florida.  Their spring training ball field is in Sarasota, so we drove down.  My sister and Tony go to games all the time in Baltimore, but I hadn't been in 20 years!  It was really fun, and add my dad to the mix - it was a blast.  Thank you dad for driving us and taking us to the game.  Very cool.



I am experimenting with side braids and side ponytails because it's what southerner's do.  Meanwhile, my sister did a full blow dry and she looks AMAZING.


I started playing with my big camera and I have the perfect subject to experiment with.





Kara loves her aunt and uncle.  She and Tony have a special bond - they're both only children and I find that sometimes they act more like siblings than uncle/niece.


First, a sweet one.

Then a silly one.


Sweet and silly.

We went to the boardwalk to see the sun set.




We saw a pelican!  Turns out they are everywhere down here.  We watched this guy hunt for dinner for a while.




Most people don't seem to care if I'm taking a picture.
Or they don't notice.  Tony always notices.

Kara and Mr. Pelican

 Christina and Kara holding hands.  So sweet because Kara doesn't do that anymore.





Out for ice cream.  It's a Stewart family vacation tradition.

Kara prefers popsicles at home.

Then we went to see Mom and Dad's new RV.  It's nicer than most homes I've seen!  This is my dad's dream and I'm so happy he finally got it.

















Beach pics:































The company who is building our house posted a bunch of pictures of the updates to the house on facebook.  Check them out!

Now I am working on
setting up the construction loan
messing with lawyers and trusts
setting up the mortgage
getting more documents ready for tax guy
meeting with contractors
driving out of state to get countertops
picking out all sinks, faucets, toilets, showers, etc.
working the budget
packing boxes

Oh yeah, and I still have to
cook
clean
start 6th grade on Monday
teach Bible study

and a partridge in a pear tree!!

Now I know why God wanted me resting this past fall and winter.  I am ready to hit the ground running.

Comments

Unknown said…
FANTASTIC pics of those birds! Amazing! LOVE the RV! I would actually "camp" in that! And I did see the contractors pics of the house and it is looking SOOO amazing!
jeday0323 said…
Thank you so much, Stephanie!
Vicky said…
LOVE all the photos!
The one of Kara laying on the floor in the RV reminded me of how Michael used to sleep when he was little.
Especially LOVE the photos of the seagulls!! I can never capture them in flight like that!
jeday0323 said…
Thank you! I love my big camera. I haven't used it in a while, but I plan to a lot more through the spring.

Yes! She wiggles her bottom back and forth as she tucks her arms under. He and she both wiggle their legs in their sleep and to fall asleep. :-)