Posts are Boring When You're Sick

I was hoping my strict rest would have given me energy for horse lessons and a few errands today, but I was still feeling pretty miserable.  Life goes on, so I did them anyway.  And I'm glad I did!  Kara's horse lesson was wonderful - the horse was extremely sassy and even took off down the field with Kara on her back, but Kara responded wonderfully and I couldn't be prouder of her.

I stopped by Lowes to pick up a few lights for the new house, all of which I pre-ordered yesterday to keep the shopping/walking to a minimum, and brought them to the house.  I wish I had time/energy to take pictures to show you!  The ceiling and beams in the family room and hallway are stained, the walls and trim are painted, and the front door is stained.  I don't even know what else was going on, but that looks so good.  Every time I see them, it seems, they are telling me hardwood floors start tomorrow.  We'll see!  Either way, things are looking GOOD.

I stopped by the post office on the way home to drop off some packages, and that was it.  I was spent. Kara was too after that lesson!  Oh, except we rinsed out the tomato plants pots that never recovered. Kara felt bad that it was a waste of money, but I assured her I did everything inexpensively and now she learned a good lesson about how much work it would be.  I told her I hoped she wouldn't give up on her passion for wanting to grow things - she said she will again when she's really ready to invest the time.  I'll be ready!

Whew.  Even though I was wiped out, I couldn't stand my dirty floors anymore.  I am thinking this means I'm starting to feel better, even though I'm tired and my lungs are gross.  Caring about the dirty floors (and cleaning them) must mean I'm turning back into me, right?  (Fortunately, the rental house is tiny and it took about 15 minutes to sweep and vacuum.)

Now I will be back in bed for the afternoon and tomorrow.  Yay for progress!

Comments