Moved Dirt, Stained Ceiling

I finally am well enough to take some pictures of the house!  It is a warm, rainy day, which meant the pictures look gloomy and I didn't explore a lot because I didn't want mud between my flip flop toes.

First of all, look at all the dirt they moved!  I have no idea if they have done the septic tank yet, but it makes sense to me that they would move the dirt after the tank was installed.  Who knows though!  The tractors are all still on site, so they're not done yet.

Before:

See how far it used to be from the bottom step to the ground?
After:
And here the dirt is, much higher.  It is drastic.

There are trenches on either side of Michael's boat garage.  Not sure if it's for the septic tank, rain water drainage, or what.  I'll ask tomorrow.



My picture didn't work when I took a picture of the hardwood floors that were started in our bedroom.  They look amazing.  I've ALWAYS wanted hardwood floors in my bedroom - you know I am always hot and would LOVE to get out of bed onto a hard floor, but I always get out voted.  Michael finally said, "you know what, I wear house shoes and don't care what the floor is."  Yay!  (Kara's room, guest bedroom, closets, and Michael's office all get carpet - don't worry.)

I LOVE how the ceiling turned out in the
main hallway.  Really draws the eye up.

Speaking of drawing the eye up - how do
you like that ceiling color?!
They have the pantry put together - did I get a picture of that?  And there is a bunch of gravel spread out where the patio is going to go.

I will know a lot more after tomorrow.  I'm meeting with all the big guys about cabinetry and we're going to pick out the hearth.

Oh, I did pick a mantle.  A friend from church makes everything you can think of out of old wood and has 200 year old chestnut that is all gnarly and amazing and I bought it!  It's going to look amazing.

Comments

Vicky said…
I am LOVING the color of that ceiling! It definitely looks like a lodge now! :D Loved the look with the dirt smoothed out in the front, too! And, can't wait to see the mantle!
jeday0323 said…
Thank you, Mom! I can't wait for you to see it all in person!

I still can't believe we get to live there one day....