Over budget, but I'm sick

I have been very sick with bronchitis, so my grocery shopping has been done via convenience.  And let me say, stores are out to ROB you.

Wednesday 2/10, on my way home from the doctor, I needed a loaf of bread and since I was at Freds buying sheets, I got a loaf by the register.  MORE THAN THREE DOLLARS LATER, I was walking to the car so confused as to what just happened.

Friday 2/12 I was back out again to the doctor begging for meds, and I picked up yogurt at Publix.  (I've been told yogurt is a good thing for ladies to eat when you're taking very strong antibiotics and it always works well for me.)  One big tub of vanilla yogurt was $3.24!  What on earth is going on.

Then Monday 2/15 I had to go to a meeting at church, so I swung by Publix on the way home for just a few things for Kara and I while Michael was out of town.  ALDI closes at 7pm, or I would have gone there.  I needed milk so I couldn't have gone to ALDI first and left my groceries in the car while I met at church.  Bummer because I got ripped off!

2/15 Publix
$4.29 - name brand half gallon organic milk
$4.29 - name brand half gallon organic milk
$4.29 - name brand half gallon organic milk
$3.00 - Cheese Its (needed to stock up and this was the SALES price!)
$3.00 - Cheese Its 
$3.00 - Cheese Its 
$3.00 - Cheese Its 
$3.00 - Cheese Its 
$5.29 - 6pk my popcorn - the shelf said less - blah
$5.99 - overnight pads - an evil necessity for mommies with bronchitis - yikes
$4.19 - generic bounce sheets
$2.24 - 3 cucumbers
$4.99 - 3 lb bag apples
$6.29 - generic block cheese
$2.63 - natural jif peanut butter
$3.29 - whole garlic cloves (I've been wanting to try these)
$3.00 - more yogurt
$1.89 - wheat bread
$5.41 tax
$73.08 TOTAL

I cringe typing these.  Holy smokes I bet I could have gotten all of this for AT LEAST half the price at ALDI.  Why, oh, why did they have to close early?

Here are my monthly totals, which stink.  (With the 19th just two days away, I can safely say I won't be spending any more on groceries.)

$73.08 - 2/15 Publix
$3.24 - 2/12 Publix
$3.50 - 2/10 Freds
$144.44 - 2/3 ALDI
$180ish - 1/27 Walmart
$14.34 - 1/20 Foodland
$76.71 - 1/20 ALDI
Total for the month:  $495.31

Well, we'll start over again on the 20th.  Hopefully I'll feel well (or at least more well) and will make it up the mountain to ALDI.  Note to self - stay out of Publix.  And Walmart.  They like to steal money.

Comments