Lots of ways to be productive

I have been in bed sick for almost a week with some gross lungs, so I'm going to have to work pretty hard to make this interesting.  :-)

Kara and I are finishing up 5th grade and I'm SO PROUD of her.  Last week she finished Writing, yesterday she finished Science, and today she finished Math.  I am so proud of how much she has learned this year and the huge progress she has made.  We are going to spend the rest of this week doing worksheets from a test prep book to see how much she knows.  (Side note:  don't get me started on testing - they try to trick you on purpose - I get some wrong and I AM smarter than a fifth grader.  lol.)  But, the worksheets are great for review at the end of the year.

Next week my MOM comes to visit and I'm so excited.  Kara asked to do no school while she was here, and I think she's deserved the break.  Then my mom is taking Kara home with her, where Kara will do school.  They have two spelling lists to do, state capitals worksheets, and history books to read.  (But they're fun historical fiction!)  Then we'll take the weekend off when I got to Florida to hang out with my parents and my sister and Tony.  Then, when we get back in mid-March.....SIXTH grade!  I'm so excited.

While Kara is gone in Florida with my mom, I will have a week and a half here.  Besides the normal cooking and cleaning and meeting with contractor guys about the new house, I will be working on setting up sixth grade lesson plans, complete with 3 extra students in my Spanish class.  :-)

I will also start packing!

While we won't be moving until sometime in May (hopefully early May!), I want to get a head start.  I just feel like in April there will be a lot of last minute things going on with the house and last minute packing.  And mid March is set aside for that trip to Florida.  SO, a week and a half of early packing is just the ticket.  It's starting to make me think - all the things we didn't unpack while we were here, all the things I can pack early that we can live without for a few months.  Why do we have so much stuff?  And *I* really don't have that much stuff!

First on the list of packing before I even pull the old boxes back out is I want to decide where our current furniture is going to go.  I will be replacing pieces slowly but surely after we move in, but I want things to go where future furniture will go.  AND any extra furniture we may not need I'd love to have the MOVERS carry upstairs in the boat garage.  It's easier on my back to watch THEM do it. :-)

All of that is what I've been up to!  Even when I'm in bed sick, I can be productive.  Not to mention I have extended our lease, started the paperwork for the construction loan (which will be our mortgage), paid off the appliances, planned two weeks of meals, and ordered half the light fixtures for the new house.

Today I finally feel a bit better, even though my lungs are cruddy, and this is when I usually get myself in trouble because I up and clean my whole house.  I forced myself to keep it to a load of laundry and teaching Bible study.

Tomorrow is horse lessons and I need energy to drive there!

Comments