Groundhog Day

My wonderful Tuesday:

 * Woke up early to texting from Tony.  After his coldness when we first moved (from his sadness), I am happy we are good again and I have my brother back.  I got to see pictures of his ideas for the house he is flipping.  Boy I'd love to flip houses one day....
 * Got Kara working on school, then went to the dentist.
 * I was told my gums were the prettiest ones seen all day.  I'll take it!
 * I'm working on picking out curriculum for next year.  I want to step it up since 6th grade is middle school.  Math and Science are already serious business, and English is pieced together to make a nice fit for us.  I'd like to do some serious business English though.  And I may be upping history.  We are working on American History now.
 * Met with Jessica and told her about picking out curriculum and we are going to drive together to the store an hour away to shop together.  Probably next week.
 * It was 75 today, so I wore shorts and the kids enjoyed playing together at the park.  It's right on the lake, so they played in the water a bit.  The water is NOT 75 degrees.  :-)
 * Saw one of the biggest, thickest rainbows I've ever seen in my life.
 * Planned our first field trip Friday with Jessica.  We're going to Cathedral Caverns.  Going together with our friends will be awesome!
 * After being home about 30 minutes, Chris called me over to the house.  I saw the amazing trim in the family room and approved the paint color for the whole house. (I picked the "half" color I showed you before.)
 * Then Chris and I designed the pantry.  Which translates to him making suggestions and me gushing that it's going to the be the coolest pantry EVER!
 * Saw bees, wasps, and mosquitoes.  Hmmm, warm winters have their downsides.
 * For some reason I'm feeling achy and tired.  I haven't slept long enough the last 3 nights or so, which usually makes me feel run down like this.  If I sleep well tonight, I hope to be good to go.
 * Hopefully I sleep well - tornadoes, strong winds, thunderstorms, hail are all in our forecast for tonight - midnight - 2am.
 * Kara will be sleeping in my room tonight (our safe room in this rental house is my closet).

Today was absolutely wonderful.  I love this life!

Comments

Vicky said…
Cathedral Caverns.....where is that? Sounds so familiar!
jeday0323 said…
Cathedral Caverns is right here near us - maybe 30 minutes from our house. It's funny because people who are from here usually have never been there before. lol.
Vicky said…
I've never been there, so don't know why the name sounds familiar!
There are lots of places we have not gone to here in NC, too! That is probably true for every state!