Wednesday, 10/7

Kara was sick today - worse than yesterday - so we laid low.  Real low.  We stayed home from the meet and greet several towns over - we would have had to leave around 9:15 and she was MISERABLE at that time.  She slept worse than the night before, which means two days of not sleeping well made her more sick.  Headache, stomachache, and sore throat.  I spent the morning getting her feeling well enough to keep down pain medicine.  It worked, pain medicine helped a lot, she was just worn out.  Eventually she was well enough for a half day of school, then she spent the whole day on the couch with a comfy blanket.  Eventually I got her to go to the new house for about 10 minutes to get some fresh air, which she said helped.  (Pictures coming in a minute.)

So, what did I do today?  Well, not much.  I'd say I caught up on laundry or paid bills for the month, but I did that yesterday.  I'd say I cooked and baked a ton, but I did that Monday.  I'd say I cleaned the house, including bathrooms, but I did that this weekend.  Well, there was nothing to do.  Errands were run yesterday (oil changed, doctor's appointment stuff, etc.).  So, I watched a lot of tv!  My sister is back in the hospital with GI stuff, so I spent the whole day in and out of prayer while getting texted updates.  We are hoping it's not pancreatitis, since that's miserable, but we will see.  She went today and will stay overnight.  Hopefully they will fix her up tomorrow and send her home to rest.  Ultrasound and CT scan today, endoscopy tomorrow.  The fabulous doctor who fixed her up last time her pancreas "blew up" is the same guy who is helping her, so we all feel good about that.

And here are some pictures of the house and the drive over:










This is the other side of the garage, toward the back
of the house

This is the front  of the house under the laundry room

That window that was moved

They finished out the foyer

Foyer ceiling

Ah, that view.  Gotta work on that lawn though.  ;-)

Around the back of the garage.  Electric meters and look
how far the stone guys made it.  (Can you believe they were
still there at 6:30pm?!)

My bedroom

Far left of the river - it goes way up past that, toward TN

My bedroom



Michael was able to fish after work, which makes me happy.  My goal for tomorrow is to get Kara to feel well enough to do horse lessons at 1pm.  I think she can do it.  The fresh air will be good for her, and hopefully it'll tire her out enough for a nap or something.

Not a whole lot else going on at the house!  I don't think anything else inside can happen without drywall and I'm not sure when that's going to happen.

Meanwhile, my mom will be here in less than a week!!!

Comments

Vicky said…
I absolutely L.O.V.E. the stone!!!
Hope our little princess feels better soon!
Loved talking to Michael on his drive home to wish me a happy birthday!
jeday0323 said…
Thank you so much, mom! I can't wait for you to see it in person. What an amazing gift God is giving us.

He said he called you! He's a good boy. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Š

Kara was much worse today. It's just a virus, do it has to run its course. ๐Ÿ˜”. All I can do is help manage her symptoms.