Insulation Pictures

The pictures are in!  I was going to do videos, but it was almost dark, so I needed my flash.

Getting there

With Michael's garage too

Insulation in the mud room - the left side has the laundry
room on the other side of it and the front has Michael's
bathroom on the other side of it.

The good stuff.  It's the spray stuff like you see on tv.
This is the laundry room
(See how they raised the window?  Amazing.)
The other side of the left is the garage.

My bathroom - looking at where the sink will go
(linen closet off to the left)

Our bedroom - see the protective plastic over the windows?

Can you see the indoor insulation next to the spray stuff for
the exterior walls/roof
See how the insulation on the left is along the roof of the
house, not the ceiling of the room?
Btw, this is the master bedroom - the door on the left goes
into my bathroom.

Great room, looking above the kitchen.  Look at all that
pretty insulation up there.
(I found out that box up there has my screens and handles
and such hidden in it.)

Dining room.  See the indoor insulation dividing the dining
room and guest bedroom?  Then you can see the white stuff
around the windows (the front porch is out there).

Cold and dreary day.  I loved it.  Don't get me wrong, I love
the sun, but a dark cold day like today was spent watching
food network, football, and doing laundry.

Making progress up the master bedroom
walls.

Obviously the fireplace.

Sitting area next to the kitchen.  I asked them to add 3
outlets over here.  Magic wand waved!

Above the guest bedroom.  I just wanted to show again
how the insulation is on exterior walls only.

Sitting area looking into guest bedroom.

Guest bedroom corner.  (The other side of
that batting insulation is the dining room.)

Kara's room.  I don't know about you, but this room feels
so much more cozy now.

In Kara's room looking into her bathroom, which looks
into her closet, etc.

Kara's room - my magic wand was waved in between
those windows and an outlet was added for a tv.

Foyer - you can see where they stopped.
I guess they'll be back Monday.
Their trailer is still in the driveway and
there is a suit in the family room.

Family room.  And those three french doors.
Hi, Pretty.  <3

Can you see how they filed the insulation down flat where
drywall is going?

Michael's bathroom looking into
his closet, with my closet in the
background.

I don't know where this is.  Is that okay?  :-)

In that cold and drizzle, she was still on her sand pile.

Michael's boat garage.  Have I showed you in the back on
the right that they boxed in the furnace so it wouldn't look
ugly?


Room above boat garage.

Looking the other way.

Hey!  I found our front doors.  Good hiding place.

Going down the stairs

Downstairs - furnace blocked in and electric panel on the
left.  This has enough power for most houses, so he will
be all set.

It sure got dark fast.  Not sure what you can make out.

Boat garage with RV hookup stuff.

Whew, it's dark.
Wasn't that fun?

Comments

Vicky said…
Is that upper room in the boat barn gonna be the "man cave?" :D
jeday0323 said…
I don't know what that room will be! I think the FIRST floor of the boat garage will be the man cave :-)

For now I want to put some twin beds up there so all thd cousins can sleep up there when the whole Day family comes to visit (which I hope will be OFTEN!!)