Insulation

Y'all.

I read the blog of a lady who lives in Texas and she starts posts like that sometimes.  This time it's fitting.

Y'all.

On the way to dinner tonight, we swung by the house to see what the insulation looks like.  It's.  Ah.  May.  Zing.  So cool!  I will take pictures when I don't have Michael and Kara with me begging to leave.  Probably tomorrow because I just can't stay away.

The garage has a temporary door to inside, so people can't get in now.  (Well, as soon as they block the front door anyway.)  And the house feels so COZY.  There is white foamy insulation all along the outside walls/roof.  I asked if they were going to insulate the tops of the rooms and let the attic bake, and they said no.  They insulated all the way along the roof and guaranteed the area between the roof and tops of the rooms (aka the ATTIC, duh, sorry) will be only 12 degrees warmer or cooler than the inside of the house.  Great for energy efficiency!

I also saw the regular batting insulation (the stuff they used in Michael's boat garage) is in between the walls of interior rooms of the house.  I'm guessing it's for sound purposes.  And maybe temperature purposes too?

Anyway, all I have to do is wait two or three days and the progress is amazing!

By the way, they sure did move that window!  As well as everything else we talked about Wednesday morning.  It's like I waved a magic wand.

P.S.  I did not wear jeans today.  I wore white shorts and a bright pink top.  Michael wore jeans and a hoodie.  I told him I was dressed for July 4th and he was dressed for Christmas.  :-)

Comments