Florida Trip

I haven't been on here in a while because I've been off having a blast!  Only my parents noticed because they are good parents and care about everything their darling girl does, even if it's just blog posts.  :-)

My mom flew here Tuesday night.  We spent Wednesday through Friday here.  We had coffee/tea on my back porch every morning, went for walks, and enjoyed the beautiful weather.  She spent the rest of her time on the phone because my sister was back in the hospital.  My mom felt 100% sure God called her to stay here in Alabama and He had an awesome plan.  It's a long, great story, but she is well now.  This will come up again in her lifetime, and probably soon, but that's another burden for her to bear along with a host of other health issues she doesn't deserve.

Saturday we drove to Florida and the weather was still awesome.  No traffic.  Cotton fields everywhere, trees beautiful fall colors, then palm trees when we hit Florida.

Sunday through Sunday Kara and I enjoyed our time in Florida with my parents!  Beach, pool, shopping, restaurants, playing cards, watching movies and football, etc.  It was an epic trip we will always remember.

Here are some pictures from our trip.  If you double click on them and scroll over with your arrow keys, they look better.

Kara driving the golf cart this year:




Looking at RVs with Grandma and
Grandpa.  She may drive one of these
one day!

The Spanish Moss on the trees was so
beautiful.  I didn't know it grew in FL.
I thought it was more of a LA, GA, MS
thing.










*yawn*  Ha!  Got 'em.








Dolphins!

Kara and Grandma coming back from a walk.

Whoops.  They went right past me.  :-)












Thank you to my parents who made it a great trip and made it hard for us to leave.  And thank you to Michael who had laundry and dishes all done so I came home to a clean house!

Comments

Vicky said…
WRONG! I missed your posts, too! :D But, I knew where you were, so I just waited patiently for your good time to be over! :D Love the photos! Love your mom's hair being all over her face presumably after being under the water with Kara on her shoulders! Glad you had a great time!
Unknown said…
I did too!!!! I kept coming back and there you were....stuck on Oct 12. Great pics. Looks like an awesome time!
jeday0323 said…
You two are so sweet! I have house updates coming too!