To Flip or Not To Flip

I got a text this morning from Bert saying to call him when I get a chance.  He wants to run something by me.  I called right away wondering what he was going to say.  He seemed kind of excited as he wanted to ask me to consider something.

Remember, he grew up on this mountain and is super excited about building our house for us, and has been giving us ideas this whole time.

He suggested, based on the view, that we flip the house.
Instead of this:



We do this:



So, when we go down this weekend, he will have everything roped off according to this new design so we can see what it feels like and decide. We can always say no.

This new idea will give Kara's room, the guest room, and the guest room's sitting area (aka my homeschool room) an even better view of the lake.  Awesome!  Not to mention, we will save money on the driveway because it will be much smaller.  I'm liking that.

Comments